|Acquisitions Editor, English and Humanities (Singapore)|
|Salary:||Available on request|
|Posted:||03 April 2013|
Our client, a market leading educational publisher based in Singapore, has an opening for a Acquisitions Editor. This is an exciting opportunity to play an instrumental role in a newly developed team at a well-established and prestigious international publisher.
· Assist the Publisher in developing the publishing programme
· Work closely with the Publisher to develop and execute publishing strategy
· Carry out market research (both print and digital) and interpret findings
· Commission authors and negotiate contracts
· Work with authors on proposals and sample chapters and ensure schedules are met
· Liaise with Sales and Marketing to assist with marketing strategy and to help meet sales targets
Experience / skills required:
· Established development editorial or commissioning experience within English and Humanities educational textbook publishing
· Experience of working on print and digital products for the primary and secondary schools markets
· Market focussed and commercially driven
· Proven ability to establish strong professional relationships within the education sector
· Ability to understand and act quickly upon market developments, new trends and potential business opportunities
· An international outlook and excellent communication skills
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Lucy Llewellyn
Tel: 020 7487 8228
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|